Well, months later I got around to browsing through my old pins and took a gander at this recipe. To my excitement I had all the ingredients to make it! Well, almost all the ingredients... I improvised a few things here and there, but for the
It was delicious!
*Insert: Delicious looking picture
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the finished meal. Next time I make it I will be sure and take a picture (because let's be honest, aren't the pictures what we choose our meals by?) but I didn't want to wait to give you all the recipe! So here is my version of Spicy Chicken Pasta:
3 Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Oil
1/2 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper
1/8 tsp Groung Black Pepper
1 Tbs Minced Garlic
1 Cup Marinara Sauce
3/4 Cup Alfredo Sauce
Half a Box of Pasta
Additional 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (for garnish)
1. Cook your pasta according to the box.
2. In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the crushed red pepper, ground black pepper and the minced garlic and saute it long enough for the garlic to carmelize.
3. Add sliced chicken and saute' it until almost fully cooked.
4. Add both the marinara sauce and alfredo sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the cooked pasta. Serve and add the additional red pepper for garnish.
6. Enjoy this spicy goodness!